Is your health a priority?
Have you ever felt like this? You know you’re not feeling great, you have more aches and pains, and you know you could be eating better but it feels like it’s never the “right” time to make changes or to commit to your health.
When it starts becoming a problem for us, we know we need take better care of ourselves, increase our nutrition and fitness, but exactly when are we willing to make our own health a priority?
The next thing we know, our doctor tells us that we need to make a change, and we’ve already known that for awhile now, so why didn’t we do it? What’s preventing us from making the healthy change we need in our lives?
Sometimes we believe that everything else should come first; work, family, friends, saving to buy a house, vacation, new car. There’s a million reasons to NOT make are health a priority but are they valid reasons?
The questions to ask ourselves are:
“Do any of these things matter if my health is in jeopardy? “What’s going to happen to me 5 years from now if I don’t make a change?”
In this day and age we are living longer. However, our ‘Health Span’ is getting shorter. Meaning, people are living longer but not in good health. This can lead to medications for preventable disease/illness, and/or losing mobility way too young. Ultimately, not taking action will end up making us sick and depressed, and our quality of life (Health Span) decreases.
The time is now. Our health, optimal health is not a guarantee – it’s a gift. And we need to honour that gift and take good care of it.
Tips to start NOW:
- Take action. The easiest way to relieve pressure is to start. Starting is the biggest hurdle, get over that and momentum begins to build. Take a walk, go to the gym, drink some water. Just start.
- Ask for help. Pick up the phone, book a consult. That’s what the experts are there for – support.
- Keep an open mind. Just because it didn’t work in the past doesn’t mean it won’t work now. Believe us!
- Progress over perfection, one of our favorite mottos. Doing something is better than doing nothing.
- Believe YOU’RE WORTH IT. You’re worth the time, the investment, the effort. Your health matters.
There’s always going to be a reason not to do something hard.
“I’m not telling you it’s going to be easy, I’m telling you it’s going to be worth it.” – Art Williams