7 simple ‘home self-care’ practices for SPRING!
Usually around Springtime, I start to get inspired by the fresh dewy air and rejuvenation all around. Spring is one of my favorite seasons, even the word sounds invigorating to me!
We love to prepare for the Spring season by inviting some simple yet nourishing practices into our week.
One of my ultimate indulgences is to flip through holistic health magazines, blogs and books, and test out some of the suggested spring traditions.
So I’ve done the leg work for you and compiled a short list of what the ‘Wellness Artists’ are recommending for Spring. Give them a try, and the best part is everyone can be done at home!
- SKIN – detoxing the skin is so good for our health and it feels really amazing! Start with a home sugar scrub, mixing 1 tbsp of sugar or salt (do your google research on which is better for your skin type) and 1 tsp of oil, I used jojoba but you can use olive or grapeseed oil. The mixture will should feel like set sand. Dampen your face and rub gentle exfoliating the face in circular motion. Rinse, wash face with soap/cleaner and take a few minutes to give yourself a beautiful fascial massage with your fascial cream!
- GREEN TEA – Hot or cold, green tea is high in antioxidants and enhances the production of glutathione, one of the most powerful antioxidants and cancer- preventive agents in our bodies. If you’re not feeling like sipping on hot tea, brew a pot of green tea, add some honey to sweeten and let cool. Refridgerate for ready made ice tea!
- TEA BAGS – and don’t throw out those tea bags! It’s not a old wives tail, it’s been shown to reduce puffiness around the eye, plus it feels nourishing. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes. Place one tea bag on each eye, and relax for 20-30 minutes. I like to put on some soft music.
- SWEAT – More about the skin, it’s our largest organ as you may know. The skin gets rid of toxins like lead and mecury by sweating. Check out this BPM Workout do get your sweat on!
- ACV BATH – Apple Cider Vinegar has awesome health properties, Google away if you don’t believe me! A natural antibacterial, alkalizing, restores pH balance. And because what goes on your skin goes in your body, this bath works on a inner and outer beauty level! How to: Fill tub with hot water, add 1-2 cups of ACV. Soak for 20-30 minutes. It may not smell great but wait until you feel your skin (hair too) after! Once your dry you should not smell the vinegar anymore.
- DEEP BREATHING – Engaging in a breathwork practice will help to oxygen deep into your lungs which has many benefits but optimizes the detoxification actions of the lungs.
- WATER – After doing some detoxifying practices, we need to drink water for metabolizing and circulating our blood and lymph. Typical water intake suggested is half your body weight (pounds) in ounces. If you weight 160lbs then you need 80 ounces of water. Otherwise eight 8 oz glasses will do the trick. This is outside of any water you drink during any workouts. Infuse flavour into your water by using some of these fun recipes or make up your own.