5 Tips to Recover from Turkey Day!
We know after the holidays, it can leave us feeling a little sluggish, here’s a few tips we use and suggest to recover!
- WATER! Drink at least 2-3 litres of water per day ideally and especially after a big meal day.
- Get Moving, go outside for a walk, book in for a yoga or fitness class. Moving the body will help with digestion and boost metabolism.
- Sleep. Get yourself at least 7-9 hours at night, to recover and restore. Take a half hour before bed to break from all screens and dim the lighting, prepping your mind and body for rest. You can even take some magnesium supplements for a little help dozing off.
- Get back to eating a little lighter for the week or use left-overs in a healthier way ie: left-over turkey on salad or freeze left-overs for another day.
- Don’t dwell, pick up and keep moving forward. Don’t beat yourself up if you ate too much, or “fell off track”, today is a new day and you can pick up from where you are, progress over perfection!
Take Good Care,